event planner , wedding planner
Cornwall and Area, ON
Think. Plan. Do.
YOU think of the idea, WE plan it together & I do it for you.
My name is Carina Brockett. I have received my high school diploma in 2005. I have completed one year of business administration in 2010 and am currently working on getting my event & wedding planning certificate.
I have been planning personal events since the age of 12, whether it be my brother or sister’s birthday party, my cousin’s baby shower, my best friend’s bachelorette party & bridal shower, to helping her plan her dream wedding. I have also been employed as a Supervisor in a grocery store since the age of 16, which has allowed me to participate in all sorts of different corporate events.
As I mentioned in the introduction, I have many educational experiences.
From 2000 to 2005, I attended high school. I graduated in June of 2005.
From 2005 to 2006, I attended a private aesthetician college. I graduated in June of 2006.
From 2009 to 2010, I attended a business administration course in college. I completed one of two years.
I am currently taking this event & wedding planning course online. I am hoping to be finished my studies in early 2012.
My current job is a supervisor in a grocery store. I do everything from making fresh foods, to filling counters, to counting inventory, to placing orders and making schedules. I have been there since 2003, and have dealt with all sorts of different people. I would have to say that my interpersonal skills need to be excellent in this type of industry because customers can be really happy on a Tuesday, but come in again on that same Friday and be completely upset that we are sold out of their favourite foods. I have had many experiences dealing with customers, and I would agree that I can handle any situation very well.
In my personal life, I would have to say that I am a very organized, punctual, down-to-earth, and understanding person. I have always worked hard at everything I do and put 150% of my effort into completing something. I’m good at listening and also at problem solving.
With all of this being said, I think that I would be great at planning events & weddings.
Are you getting married and don't have time to spend every minute of the day worrying if you're going to cover everything to make it happen? Well, now you can finally relax and enjoy the weeks or months to come. You can easily come to me with all your plans and visions of your wedding, and I handle everything to make it happen.
Do you have the perfect idea for a party but aren't sure where to begin, or how to cover every little detail? Well, I've got good news for you because that's where I come in. You simply bring in your ideas, we plan how you would like it to happen, and you leave the rest up to me.
Has your boss come to you to plan the yearly get-a-way for you & your co-workers and you can’t seem to find any ideas to give to him? Not a problem! I can help. We simply run through the main details together and then you let me do the work for you.
-- Consultations (initial meeting to talk about ideas, plans, and small details)
Option 1: You want to plan your own party or event, but just need some ideas & information on how to contact vendors. *Consultation is paid at an hourly rate*
Option 2: You need my help to plan the entire event. *Free consultation*
-- Private Events (for you, your friends, and/or your family) *Paid by hourly rate*
- Milestone Parties: Birthdays, Retirement, Wedding Anniversary, Baby Shower, Family Reunion, Graduation, House-Warming, or Going Away.
- Holiday Parties: Christmas, Easter, New Year’s, Canada Day, Valentine’s Day, St-Patrick’s Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Mother’s Day, or Father’s Day.
- Themed Parties: Beach/Luau, Sports, Casino, Fiesta, Costume/Masquerade, Mardi Gras, Decade, Toga, or Any Other Theme Wanted.
- Religious: Baptism, Christening, First Communion, Confirmation, or Funerals.
-- Corporate Events (for businesses, non-profit organization, and charities) *Paid by hourly rate*
- Internal: Meetings, Board Meetings, Annual Shareholder’s Meeting, Workshops, Retreats and Team-Building Exercises, Parties and Social Events, Incentive Travel, Staff Training, or Retirement and Awards.
- External: Ground-Breaking Ceremony, Open House, Client Appreciation, New Product Launch, or Press Briefings.
- Industry: Fundraisers, Conferences, Public Exhibitions, Tradeshows, Arts Events, Award Events, Book Signing and CD Promotion, Parades, or Sporting Events.
-- Weddings (for small, medium, and large weddings) *Paid on percentage rate*
- Before Wedding
- Wedding Reception
- Bachelor & Bachelorette
- Bridal Shower
- Stag & Doe
- After Wedding
"Wow Carina, it looks great! Thank you so much for your help."
"I can't believe it looks this amazing."