event planner, wedding planner
+44 7534 795 183
Stress free Wedding/Event planning with imagination and creativity
I am currently employed and am married.
By being creative and imaginative it has been a fantastic way of gaining experience in organising private functions. My personal approach is to listen carefully and marry together the expectations of the client with my ideas to make the function as unique as possible.
I was brought up and educated in Leicester and started working in a secretarial capacity from the age of 16.
My experience in planning events/functions has been gained over the last 8-10 years and this has consisted of the following:
• Creating a special scene before the first dance at a wedding reception;
• Organising a 21st birthday in someone’s garden which included erecting 2 marquees and a gazebo together with dance area for 150 people, decorations, balloons, banners, arranging the catering and dj;
• Organising a 21st birthday where the dress code and decorations consisted of countries of the world for over 200 people, the catering was different types of food from different countries (people had a choice of making a dish from a particular country), arranging for the dj;
• A 30th birthday themed as Halloween where the dress code was scary monsters/witches/goblins and the decorations consisted of plastic spiders/pumpkins/cobwebs, catering already dealt with, arranging the dj, for approximately 100 people;
• A 60th birthday themed as strictly ballroom – decorations were minimal with a glitter ball and balloons, arranging the dj;
• A 1st birthday party held in someone’s house and garden which included a BBQ and music.
Organising the above functions and future functions that I have in my diary is very satisfying and very pleasing and the joy and happiness on people’s faces when an event comes together is priceless. I have always been very keen at organising and arranging things.
The kind of services I would offer to clients would be:
• Consultation of what the client has in their mind for their particular event – probably give the first half hour as a free consultation and then depending upon the event – charge by the hour thereafter.
• Have another meeting with the client and go through three different price guides and venues to see which one the client would prefer.
• Book the venue the client has chosen, choose the theme and decorations, liaise with the venue in terms of catering, book any other service providers the client would like.
Travelling is not a problem and I would guide you through any problems or questions that you may have in order that the final product is what you want and how you envisage the event in your mind.