event planner , wedding planner
Be a guest at your own event...
Attention to detail is always the driving force behind Affairs of the Heart - it begins with our ability to listen to every client.
We work with couples planning the most important and potentially stressful day of their lives. We’re here to facilitate ideas into reality, give guidance, direction and support.
Our job is to make your wedding a reflection of you, to make it as easy and stress-free as possible with as much professionalism and caring as possible.
Our guarantee is: This will always be YOUR wedding.
About Ivette Baez of Affairs of the Heart
Professional Wedding Consultant and owner of Affairs of the Heart, Ivette has studied the consulting profession through QC School of Wedding Planning, as well as by gaining hands on experience assisting with direction of numerous multi-cultural and inter-denominational weddings.
Ivette is a ember of the Association of Bridal Consultants,and brings extensive experience in personal service.
Ivette has a passion for the wedding industry, love of the arts, and meticulous organizational skills - making her a thoughtful, down-to-earth planner who cares about each and every client and their vision for their special day.
Are you a busy professional or student? Are you newly located to the NJ/NY Metro area? Perhaps family is far away? This is the ultimate service for anyone who is pressed for time and overwhelmed by the challenges of planning such an extensive and important event. Affairs of the Heart is there for the two of you every step of the way. Define the wedding you are dreaming of and then enjoy the creation process. We will assist you with:
* Custom vendor referrals
* Personalizing the wedding to be uniquely yours
* Create design elements and develop personal touches
* Budget planning
* Organized time-line for the months ahead
* Wedding etiquette
* Necessary contracts reviewed
* Business paperwork; sending deposits and letter writing
* Vendor confirmations and coordination
* Wedding day itinerary (in printed form)
* Conduct the rehearsal
* Full "Wedding Day " coordination (see below for detail)
We will remove the burden from your shoulders throughout the months, so you truly enjoy your engagement and the end result of the detailed planning - a wedding that is truly an Affair of the Heart!
Wedding Day (which is definitely more than just the day of the wedding!)
Are you ultra-organized? If you are a bride who enjoys doing her own research and planning, or if the planning is almost completed, or you may be feeling overwhelmed and need somebody to pull it all together. Please consider Affairs of the Heart to coordinate the rehearsal and wedding day with our Wedding Day package. We will attend to all of the behind-the-scenes details and handle any unforeseen emergencies. If you choose the Wedding Day package, Affairs of the Heart will:
* Meet with the couple to gather key information
* Confirm with each vendor specific details
* Conduct the rehearsal
* Orchestrate the set up of the ceremony and reception locations
* Set out guest book, journaling pages, place cards, favors, toasting goblets, etc.
* Be present and available throughout the wedding day to make sure everything runs smoothly
* Act as a liaison between the wedding party and the vendors to ensure great communication
This service may be reserved six months prior to the Wedding Day (upon availability).
Wedding Day and a little bit more!
In addition to all the steps listed above for Wedding Day coverage, we recommend having your coordinator more involved by attending certain "key" meetings, such as:
* Planning session with the facility and caterer. Menu planning and room layout discussions
* Consultation with florist or designer
* Consultation with tent company, lighting technicians or prop company
* Final detailing with DJ/MC or band to discuss music preference and flow to the event
Helpful suggestions may be made at these appointments. The more "in the know" your consultant is, the more efficient and better to serve on wedding day!
This is an opportunity to meet your wedding coordinator and determine compatibility. We will discuss your vision and dreams and learn about your dislikes as well. Based on the information given, you will be provided with either:
* Vendor Referral List: a customized list of professional and reputable vendors reflecting your price range, personality, and creative style OR
* Estimated Wedding Budget: a general budget of the wedding costs based on the ideas and needs that we have discussed in your consultation.
Don't sweat the small stuff! For "piece meal" assistance that may include budget planning, question and answer sessions, etiquette situations, timelines or other "simple" or unexpected matters, consider Affairs of the Heart for help and guidance. If you can't handle a last-minute crisis or you just need a little extra support and information, allow us to assist.
We can design and coordinate local destination weddings, ranging from a secluded bed and breakfast or a private estate to a beach wedding down the Jersey Shores. Our Destination Wedding services are often covered by a Wedding Consulting, Design and Coordination service tiers.
We also are available for destination wedding planning in other regions of United States, Mexico and the Caribbean; out of respect for our local clients, destination coordination and travel are on a limited basis.
Commitment Ceremonies and Civil Unions
Affairs of the Heart are experienced at planning and coordinating Commitment Ceremonies and Civil Unions for same-sex couples.
We have established relationships with a variety of Gay and Lesbian friendly officiants, venues and wedding professional to assist you with your planning.
For our couples residing in New Jersey or New York, we are happy to assist you with filing for a license for your Civil Union.
For couples residing in states where civil unions are not recognized, we am happy to supply you with referral information to lawyers who can provide you with the necessary documents to protect yourselves as a couple.
We have the understanding and resources to assist you with all aspects of creating an event that reflects your tastes and personalities with professionalism, caring and sensitivity.
WE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN PLANNING
* Sweet 16
* Adult Birthday Parties
* Children's Birthday Parties
* Retirement Parties
* Family Reunions
* Engagement Parties
* Bridal Showers
* Bachelorette Parties
* Bachelor Parties
* Rehearsal Dinners
* Baby Showers