home stager , interior redesigner , professional organizer
I Will Rejuvenate Your Home!
I have been taking Home Staging and Interior redesign since the end of May 2009. Prior to signing up for the course, I took a 2 day seminar on organizing through QC Design. I look forward to finishing this course and getting out there, to take on a wide verity of challenges. I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this course, although my favorite part, I must say, was redesigning rooms. The part I enjoy most about redesigning a room, is the before and after aspects. Seeing the way a room comes together, is truley unique. My passion comes from seeing satisfied customers / clients.
I have lived in the Chestemere area for approximately 20 years. I am originally from Calgary (Born and Raised). We decided to move out of the city the experience “The Country Life” when my kids were starting high school, and have had no regrets.
Even as a teenager I would love to change furniture around in the house and try to rearrange ornaments. Although my mother and I didn’t see eye to eye on how I would always change her house around, I still had fun doing it. I was very excited to learn about these courses for QC Design school, as I always knew this is what I wanted to do.
The Services that I offer to my clients are as follows:
• Staging is the act of preparing a private residence prior to going up for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to sell a home quickly, and for the most money possible by attracting the most amount of potential buyers. Staging focuses on improving a property to make it appeal to the largest amount of buyers by transforming it into a welcoming, appealing, and attractive product for sale. Staging often raises the value of a property by way of reducing the home's flaws, depersonalizing, de-cluttering, cleaning, improving condition items, and landscaping. For vacant homes, rental furniture is used to create a living space the buyer could "see" themselves in. Properly executed staging leads the eye to attractive features while minimizing flaws.
• Interior Redesign is the art of using what people have in their homes to transform their spaces, without the need to purchasing new furniture. This discipline recognizes the existing space and marries the architecture, the furnishings and the accessories to create an attractive, engaged home.
• De-Cluttering Clutter and disorganization has become a serious problem. Some call it "chronic disorganization" and others call it, simply, being a packrat. De-Cluttering is pretty much what it sounds like: to simplify or get rid of mess, disorder, complications, etc.
• Organizing is also pretty straight forward: To put together into an orderly, functional, structured whole.
• Cleaning service: While a client’s home is on the market, I will keep the home clean. This also can be coupled with staging.
My name is Melanie, and Trudy is my mom. I know what your thinking, just because she is my mom, I am giving her a great review. But she deserves all the credit I can give. My boyfriend and I had just bought a new house (well new to us) together. The lady that owned it before us, had this house painted yellow and olive green. When we first came to view it - I thought to my self that there was no way I could live in a house that looked like this. I was also very cluttered with kids toys and junk. Also, the layout was very uniqe, but with uniqe came some small rooms and tall wall space!! I just couldn't see past it all to see the home for it's real potential. For the second viewing, I had asked my mom to come with us to give her opinion. She was taken back by the state of the home, but she knew once all of her things were out, and she could get in there, she could help me make our house a home. She suggested a neutral paint color - fawn beige, and once all the paint was finally on the walls, she came in and helped me sort out furiture placement and storage suggestions. She really did help our house become more than some walls, she helped make it a home for my family.
Melanie Tanner - October 20, 2009
I asked Trudy to come in to my place to help organize my pantry and closets. I am 48 year old man who lives with 2 dogs and a cat. I have large dog bags of dog food and a bunch of cans of cat food all in the pantry. No room for human food. Trudy came in and sorted out my pantry with tupper ware containers that fit under the bottom shelf. She placed the dog food in those so I would have more room for my food. Now my pantry needs more canned goods to make it look full.
Darrel - October 2, 2009