event planner, wedding planner
...It's all in the details!
Hi! My name is Suzan Weigert and I believe that all events are truly special and should be just how you envision it. Sure, there may be a few things that do not go 100%, but the key to a phenomenal event is to be prepared, creative and flexible. With that in mind, any event will be one to always remember!
I got my start in event planning with my family. At first, I thought it was just the typical family hosting and parties, but later realized that the keen eye my parents had for hospitality, the way they made each guest feel comfortable and welcomed, and not to mention all the items, big or small, that were paid attention to, was a true beginning to my event planning.
I later expanded upon this in college and professionally in the work force. At my first job I told my boss that I loved to plan events and would greatly enjoy the opportunity to work on such projects. I remember working on alumni events, even a 50th birthday party, and other occasions during that timeframe. All of which helped me grow to cater to different audiences, learn about vendor negotiations and contracts, and very importantly relationship management. This was all taken to my next job, where I was in marketing that focused on seminar and events to create exposure. An event was always on the agenda and I thrived in it.
Later, I thought, why not make this my job? A few years later, 2 masters completed, a PhD underway, recently married, and moved twice and back, I finally am returning to my root and love of special occasions. I would love the opportunity to work with you, your friends and loved ones to make your event a momentous affair! Remember…it’s all in the details and I am here to help!
• Pre-event Consultations
• Site Selection
• Vendor and Venue Selection
• Procurement of vendors that have not yet been secured
• Manage vendor relations, as desired
• Review of current contracts and becoming the manager and point of contact from here on out
• Menu Recommendations
• Event Timeline Creation
• Transportation Arrangements
• Online Registrations
• A Month-to-Month Action Plan created for the bride and groom
• Monthly in-person meetings as needed
• Creation and management of the wedding budget
• Complete event design, theme development, execution of event design and design of the inspiration board
• Complete invitations and RSVP management including mailing and website management
• Assist in effective guest list management and table arrangements
• Creating a floor plan for ceremony and reception
• Compilation of all print items, favors and other necessary items
• Arranging hotel accommodations and transportation for guests as needed
• And more…